What is Child, Adolescent, and Parent Support?
We are a non-profit whose mission is to empower families and youth with knowledge, support and resources so they can thrive in a nurturing, healthy and safe environment.
If you would like to get involved and help support CAPS, please consider making a cash donation.
Cash donations can be made using the link below or by mailing a check in to our office at 306 S. 17th Ave., Marshalltown, IA 50158
Child, Adolescent, and Parent Support is organized to alleviate the conditions that contribute to child abuse through:
- Provision of direct service prevention programs
- Development of community awareness that creates interest and involvement in the problem of child abuse and neglect
- Educating the public and professionals on parenting skills, early detection of child abuse, referral procedures for help, mandatory reporting and other integral topics to the area of child abuse and neglect
- Identification of resources available and gaps in service and referral system
- Promoting inter-agency cooperation and quality communication in abuse and neglect cases
Who does CAPS serve?
CAPS serves over 8,000 children and their families in Marshall, Hardin, and Tama Counties through our various programs.