What is Child Abuse Prevention Services?
We are a non-profit whose mission is to prevent child abuse in Marshall County and the surrounding area.
If you would like to get involved and help support Child Abuse Prevention Services please consider making a cash
donation. Cash donations can be made using the link below or by mailing a check in to our office at 306 S. 17th Ave., Marshalltown, IA 50158
Child Abuse Prevention Services is organized to alleviate the conditions that contribute to child abuse through:
- Provision of direct service prevention programs
- Development of community awareness that creates interest and involvement in the problem of child abuse and neglect
- Educating the public and professionals on parenting skills, early detection of child abuse, referral procedures for help, mandatory reporting and other integral topics to the area of child abuse and neglect
- Identification of resources available and gaps in service and referral system
- Promoting inter-agency cooperation and quality communication in abuse and neglect cases
- Initiating and facilitating the development of volunteer services to help families
Who does CAPS serve?
CAPS serves over 8,000 children and their families in Marshall, Hardin, and Tama Counties through our various programs.